[CQ-Contest] Was "R2" a valid Mult in IARU?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Was "R2" a valid Mult in IARU?
From: TELLAM@cal.mccarthy.ca (Tim Ellam)
Date: Tue Jul 22 07:49:15 2003
That should have been me! As the IARU R2 Area "A" director(Canada and Bermuda)
my exchange was "R2" rather than "02". I had this trouble last year as most
logging programs default to zone 2 when they enter a VE6. As George indicates,
a list of officers and directors in the IARU Admin Council and the three
regional executive committees can be found at www.iaru.org

I'll have to give Don a hard time next time I see him :-)

Tim VE6SH

>>> <Georgek5kg@aol.com> 07/22/03 05:58am >>>
In a message dated 7/21/2003 10:31:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca writes:

> while R2 is a mult, I suspect your latter guess is correct. I'm not aware
> that we have anyone in VE6 land qualified to send a special IARU multiplier.
>
> 73 Don
> VE6JY

Roy,

Send an email to Tim, VE6SH.  (ve6sh@rac.ca)  He is IARU Region 2, Area A
director in Calgary.   He should be able to tell you if VE6HF was an official
R2
headquarters station and, therefore, a mult.

BTW, I found this info on the iaru.org.

73, George

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax
201-415-6044 cell

NOTE: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender
via e-mail or call 403-260-3500 and delete this e-mail message.