[CQ-Contest] Re: Was "R2" a valid Mult in IARU?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Was "R2" a valid Mult in IARU?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Sun Jul 20 06:26:21 2003

> >That is what VE6HF was sending each time I worked him. He is
> >also in Zone 02. Is "R2" a special mult, or was this just his way of
> >saying he is in IARU Zone 02?
>
> I worked G3BJ, who was giving "R1". I assumed that they were some
> sort of IARU representative stations for their respective ITU Regions?

Has anyone read the rules?

5. Contest Exchange:

5.1. IARU member society HQ stations send signal report and official IARU
member society abbreviation. IARU International Secretariat club station
NU1AW counts as a HQ station. Members of the IARU Administrative Council and
the three IARU regional Executive committees send "AC," "R1,""R2," and "R3"
as appropriate.

5.2. All others send signal report and ITU zone.

5.3 A complete exchange must be logged for each valid QSO.

8. Multipliers: The total number of ITU zones plus IARU member society HQ
stations worked on each band (not mode.) IARU officials represent a maximum
of four multipliers per band (AC, R1, R2 and R3).

73,
dale, kg5u