[CQ-Contest] RE: If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (Andrew Faber)
Date: Wed Aug 6 16:37:59 2003
  I can't help adding my 2 cents on this issue.  I feel strongly that QSLing
is an essential part of the hobby, and would urge all contesters to view
QSLing time and expense in the same category as station building and
operating -- just another part of the total picture.
  I remember very well when I was a 12-year old novice how important those
QSLs were to me.  Even now I get QSLs from hams who are clearly delighted to
have made the contact and really want the wallpaper.  This is more true for
P40Y contacts than AE6Y ones, but even for the latter every so often I am
someone's first Santa Clara County or, believe it or not, first California,
QSO.
  Any serious contester who doesn't have the time to respond to QSLs should
get a manager; there are a number of really fine ones who would be pleased
to handle the chore for you.
  73, Andy, AE6Y, P40Y