Re: [CQ-Contest] Strange DX-Spots in WAE SSB ..

To: "Oliver Bock" <dj9ao@gmx.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Strange DX-Spots in WAE SSB ..
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:49:55 +0300
Hi Oliver,

no I did not miss the point. My question was strictly about the guys who use
their own callsign to spot themselves thus not hiding the fact that they
selfspot. I am not talking about hidden selfspotting here.

And Fabian also mentioned RW3RN who used his own call. I think we are clear
that hidden selfspotting is rulebreaking in contests if you send log and
highly unethical if you don't send log so I support Fabian 100% and we
should definitely point finger on those guys.

And honest selfspotting is rulebreaking when you send log but what if you
don't send log? Who should have anything against it if a 10w DX station
shows up for half an hour and spots himself giving many a valuable
multiplier?

But generally, I find it sad that there seems to be a lot of unethical
behaviour in contest. It's hard to believe that guys run KW in LP but it is
probably true.

In WAE I found it very dissapointing when a few SA big guns offered me a
serial number for 10m QSO after unsuccessful QSY... It was not just one
station! Is this kind of multiplier picking really going on?

All this leaves very mixed feelings about what kind of contests you really
enter and whom you compete against and are those results really showing
whether you are good or bad in what you do...

73
tonno
es5tv