Re: [CQ-Contest] Log Checking Software

To: Ward Silver <hwardsil@centurytel.net>, "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log Checking Software
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:44:58 -0400
At 10:26 PM 9/17/2003, Ward Silver wrote:

Are there more important things?  You bet there are. Catching cheaters,
reducing reporting turnaround time, making it easier for people to submit
logs, extending log checking to more contests, etc. etc. etc.  Not worrying
about sub-1% minutia that can't even be defined except on a QSO-by-QSO
basis.

Ward, I was reading the ARRL DX SSB results in QST this month, and I believe the USA/VE Multi-single category was won with about a 0.4% margin of victory. I can imagine the station that won (or came in 2nd) vehemently arguing for that 1%.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC