Re: [CQ-Contest] W2SC's ARRL DX LCR feedback

To: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W2SC's ARRL DX LCR feedback
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:51:25 -0400
At 01:54 PM 9/17/2003, John Laney wrote:

The present system appears to penalize those who abide by the rules by logging what was sent to them. I assume it does not penalize the rules violator, such as KH6xx and others, who don't follow the identification rule. In a perfect world, I'd think the station who does not identify in accorance with the contest rule (although perhaps legally identifying according to FCC or other governmental rules) would be "found out" and disqualified, but those who made legal contact with the rule offender and logged the information sent should be given credit for the contact and the multiplier where the station was eventually determined to be located.

[...]

So, every W#xxx who is in Puerto Rico need not sign portable anything, but if we want credit for a QSO and multiplier in certain contests, we must artifically add /KP4 or /NP4 or /WP4 or /KP3 or ....? How do we know what portable designator to use if the station doesn't use one? If we are to get credit and log something that isn't being sent, I suggest we use the "old standard" prefixes, such as KP4, KH6, KL7, W#, etc.

I'm happy to help in this area. I can always add these callsigns to the country file, however, I have to know what the offending callsigns are. Tom's list is a good start. Then the log checkers have to use a RECENT country file for checking the logs. K2G was removed on 25 February 2003, well before the logs were scored.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC