Re: [CQ-Contest] KH2D, et al..

To: discreetly_confidential@yahoo.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KH2D, et al..
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:02:33 -0400
At 10:11 AM 9/18/2003, Chuck K3FT wrote:

Is there a possible way/place/means of posting a centralized list of these callsigns which would need to be noted such as kh2d being in w4 land? Or the k2g issue and others such as the oh1 operating in w8 but doesn't sign that way?

My INTENT is if we had such a list, then EVERYONE - including the logging software applications programmers - could read it and make whatever changes to the CTY.DAT files(as an example) as is needed to make the logging entry correct.

Hi Chuck,

The list already exists. It's called the Country File. I try to keep it as up-to-date as I possibly can. I will be doing some work in the area of US territorial callsigns that operate from ConUS (like KH2D).

If something is amiss, let me know after the contest and I'll put out an update so that your submitted score will be correct. It's better if the changes are centralized, rather than people editing their own files. I have been following the same procedure for 10 years.

When the ARRL DX logs were scored, they used the same country file for both logs. K2G was removed in-between the ARRL DX CW and SSB contests, but the log checkers didn't pick this up.

All changes are listed in the release notes on the web page. Anyone can search it.

Keep those cards and letters coming!

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC