Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Log Checking

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Log Checking
From: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:36:22 -0700
That's right, Tree - you can't please all of the people all of the time. Especially on an email reflector where "Reply To All" is like an attractive nuisance. Don't let the stream of consciousness whining get you down. You are doing a great job. Most of the complainers have no intention of asking for your head or refusing to participate in imperfect contests - they are just expressing passing thoughts about something that Would Be Nice. Or might be nice were it not for something else they didn't consider. Suggestions are just that. Take 'em with a shaker of salt and occasionally you will get a really good one that you can do something about.

Keep on truckin', OM.

73,

/Rick N6XI

Tree wrote:

Personally, I am close to just tossing in the towel in the ARRL DX. It just

isn't worth the grief.  As long as people are willing to insist on #3 being
all perfect in the contests, there just isn't much I can do to make you happy.

Perhaps if I resign, somoene who is complaining about this will step in and
get it right.  I am *SURE* they will be able to make y'all happier.

Think about the big picture here people.