Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about CQWW rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about CQWW rules
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:43:45 +0000
Mike Gilmer wrote:
> Certainly the rule DISALLOWS a visiting operator from using his own call at
> a multi-op. Sorry guys, no DXing with the host's equipment!  But this was
> NOT the original question.
> Mike N2MG
-----------
Nope, not true for ARRL contests. An operator doesn't even have to be
present at the MM (or SO, or whatever) for his call to be used.
Furthermore, and this is a directly from ARRL, any stations worked by
a crew may be claimed for credit toward any ARRL award by the holder
of the call used, and since by definition, QSL submittal is regarded
as sufficient proof of contact, would apply to CQ contests also.

In fact, ARRL told me ( and I complained about a station doing exactly
the above ) that as long as I gave my permission, ANY licensed ham in
ANY country could use my call in
ANY contest, and I would receive credit for the contact as if I had
actually been there and made it. So much for the integrity of DXCC.

So, for you 160 guys, the next time a P5 shows up, just ask your
friendly JA or HL buddy to work him for you.

73
Ed