[CQ-Contest] Feedback of CQWW SSB

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Feedback of CQWW SSB
From: <jukka.klemola@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:51:11 +0200
I was at OH0V on 15.
Now back in Mainland Finland with net connection.

-I had many stations that were seemingly deaf, although I was not low power..

+The most positive sign was I felt in general the pileups were smother and
faster than before
+People did not ask QSL manager as often as before (for OH4A & OH0V QSL via
buro, via OH6LI)

--When working East Coast during our afternoon, people did
  not behave and that took some fun away..
    =whan saying 'N1 again', I get KA1, K1, W1 W4 calling simultaneously

++East Coast runs were LOUD at times

+Europeans did behave surprisingly well, even when trying to get thru to V73

+Amount of wider than 10kHz spreading signals was smaller than before

+I expect to see some actions from contest committee regarding the
 wide skirt signals

+This high latitudes bands were clearly on or off, meaning I could sleep quite
well

+Some zone 3,4 and 5 QSOs after 22UTC on Sunday, so some guys know turning
 antenna NE at those hours on 15 sometimes pays off

73,
jukka OH6LI

PS.. the best comment came from Jim, SM2EKM: