RE: [CQ-Contest] Re:Diversity in SS

To: "Dennis Ponsness" <wb0wao@hotmail.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Re:Diversity in SS
From: "Bob Wanderer" <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:22:13 -0500
Two solutions present themselves.  A two-character
precedence i.e. UA for low power+unlimited, UB for high
power+unlimited, and UQ for QRP+unlimited; or two additional
one character precedences whereby U is equivalent to low
power+unlimited, C is high power+unlimited, and P is
QRP+unlimited.  Nothing sacred or specific about these
alphabet choices.  Just trying to keep from using letters
that in Morse are too close to numbers (like Z) [that's why
I hate B as the high power precedence, especially at the end
of the contest when you're more likely to expect a 4-digit
number].  U is A with an extra dit; C is the next letter
after B; and P is "part of" QRP -- can't use R for obvious
reasons although the precedence does come after the number,
but it might be an issue when someone sends the exchange
information out of sequence.

73
Bob AA0CY