[CQ-Contest] The "Check" in SS

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The "Check" in SS
From: "Jim Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:31:54 -0500
>Besides - it's unverifiable: the FCC doesn't keep this on record (just try to
>find my novice license info from the early '60's).

>Lee Hopper, NB7F
>Portland, OR

I didn't say anything about verification, and neither do the SS rules. Do you
mean you can't remember the year in which you were first licensed? Anyone who
can remember his or her first call sign can "verify" from Callbooks.

To those who have said "It doesn't matter what you use for a Check," some of us
find the Check fascinating. Especially when it is in the previous century.

JC, K1TN (61)