RE: [CQ-Contest] Getting back into contesting

To: "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Getting back into contesting
From: "K0HB" <K-Zero-HB@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:31:24 -00
You can get a current version of CT (free now) at http://www.k1ea.com, but
it won't run on your old 286.  (Of course, neither will TR or NA).  Since
you have experience with CT, that might be the way to go.  CT covers all
the major domestic and DX contest, FD, and the bigger state  QSO parties.
I think (don't know for fact) that TR and NA may have a bit more coverage
of the smaller QSO parties.  NA has a user interface essentially identical
to CT, while TR is reputed to be aimed at the "power user" and have a bit
of a learning curve.  If you want to get 'modern', WriteLog seems to be the
preference of those contesters who want a Windoze based logger.

Cabrillo is "built in" to all the current loggers, and it's a simple matter
to generate at the end of the contest.

ARRL and CQ (and some other sponsors) now routinely accept emailed logs
(cabrillo).  Address varies with contest, check the rules.

The site to publicize your Claimed Score is
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/.  That's where Dink compiles his
"claimed score" bulletins from.

Welcome back!  We need the Q's!

73, de Hans, K0HB