RE: [CQ-Contest] Logbook of the World as substitute for bureau QSLing

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Logbook of the World as substitute for bureau QSLing
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:32:15 -0500
I can't agree that LotW is too complicated for most people to
use.  As it is integrated more tightly into the logging
programs, LotW will become completely transparent.

Today it is possible to automatically upload "signed" contest
QSOs directly from the contest logging program (WriteLog) and
download confirmations directly into a day-to-day log (DXLab
- in testing).  I'm sure that other authors are in the late
stages of their own beta testing of similar capabilities.

Within a few months I would fully expect contest QSLing to
be fully transparent with confirmations available as soon
after the contest as the individual station feels comfortable
uploading the log.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain to get registered initially and the
hurdles are a bit higher for DX stations but I'm seeing more
and more DX registrants each day.  Given the number of DX
that are active with computer based digital modes, I do not
believe that computer/internet access is a major impediment
in most cases ... at least for the active stations.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK