Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer--RFI issue

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer--RFI issue
From: kazeringue <w4kaz@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:38:20 -0500
Here's a variation on John's theme.

Instead of performing surgery on a new computer every 18 months(for those inclined to replace hardware frequently), I noticed that these filters are also available in female varieties.

Seems to me that it might be easier to modify the power cord than the computer.

I don't know that the filter will be as effective outside the metal casing of the power supply, but if it works it will have the added benefit of being "portable", and something that would fit easily into a "go kit".

Looks like the correct sizes are available(Digikey).

Did I miss something?

Thanks John.

73,
W4KAZ