Re: [CQ-Contest] my FRIEND is spotting me

To: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] my FRIEND is spotting me
From: "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:09:11 -0500
On 5 Dec 2003 at 8:53, Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:

> What if your "friend" asks everyone in your club to listen for him, and spot
> him if you hear him?  Imagine this: " I'm going to the Caribbean and want to
> win, so come on guys, spot me, and spot me often."  What if there's an
> "understanding" that you'll all do this, without saying it in so many words?
> Seems to me it's effectively the same thing.

OK, so what if I go to the Caribbean, don't ask anyone to
spot me, don't have any "understanding", but some well-
meaning fellow club members take it upon themselves to spot
me every five minutes.

I have absolutely no knowledge of what's going on, yet you
say I'm violating rules?

The spotting network isn't going away, so the only way
around this would be to eliminate club competition...and
that still wouldn't do it, because friends would still spot
their friends.

The whole packet/intenet spotting deal is just accumlated
noise...get used to it.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA