Re: [CQ-Contest] The good headphones for contest

To: "Samir Popaja" <samir.popaja@comhem.se>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The good headphones for contest
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:36:48 -0800
At 01:26 PM 12/18/2003, Samir Popaja wrote:
>Anyone know of some really comfortable headphones with good audio?
>Something you can wear for 48 hours and not have
>"headphone head" when your finished?  I'm using Kenwood HS-6 on YAESU
>FT-990 with bad results. How is impedance important?
>Thanks in advance for your advice.

hi - I think you seek the Holy Grail - but if you do find it let us all
know...;-)

My solution has been to get two decent pairs of headphones - one is over the
ear and one is on the ear. I can wear each for 3-4 hours (which is a long
time if you think about it) before I want to tear them off my head (I wear
glasses and have a large head, so nothing really works). By trading off
these two pairs during a contest, I can have one part of my ears getting
tired while the other is getting rest.

hope this helps! - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com