[CQ-Contest] Contest Conflict

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Conflict
From: "Jim Monahan" <K1PX@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:52:45 -0500
I'm looking for some insight, NOT blame, regarding the ARRL VHF Sweepstakes and
CQ 160 CW
contest occurring the same weekend - Jan 24 to 26.

My understanding is that the VHF contest occurs the weekend before the Super
Bowl and the
CQ160 contest is the last full weekend of the month.

This year, the Super Bowl is the following weekend on Feb. 1st. I don't recall
that a February
date for the Super Bowl has occurred before.

Many of my friends who operate 160 and VHF contests don't understand how this
might
happen. We recognize that no one is in charge or responsible for such schedules
between
the various organizations but certainly would want to, if anyway possible,
avoid this type
of situation again.

Any thoughts?

73, Jim, K1PX