Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of contesting

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of contesting
From: "Mark Bailey" <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:34:54 -0500
Hi all:

Actually, I tend to use:

DX:  TU
ME:  KD4D (or whatever)
DX:  KD4D 59936
ME:  CALL?
DX:  PJ2M
ME:  5nn5
DX:  TU

If he doesn't ID, I call him again and do the same thing.
Usually, I get an ID.  If I sent 5nn5, I find the DX station
usually sends the TU in about a microsecond, covering
my CL?  And, I spell it out to slow them down just a
bit more.

This works best, of course, if you're loud.

And, PJ2M was me a couple of years ago, so I'm picking on
myself! :-)

73,

Mark, KD4D