Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of Contesting, Chapter 14

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of Contesting, Chapter 14
From: "Steve Root" <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:27:51 -0000
This is further complicated when you factor in propagation.  If you're on
the low bands, that one time you send your call every five minutes is
probably going to to be buried in noise or QRM.  For a lot of us, the
opening may only last for 5 minutes so it would be nice to know who the DX
is before his sun comes up and he fades into the noise.

I don't think the complaint here is for any DX that ID's on a reasonable
basis.  As someone already mentioned, there are those who won't ID until
they start getting yelled at.  Those are the operators that drive you nuts.

I remember a CQWW SSB contest, on 10 meters.  A certain EA8 was announcing
efter every other QSO that he would ID every 10 minutes.  The announcement
took longer than it would have taken to give his call !  Needless to say, he
didn't place very well :)

73 Steve K0SR