[CQ-Contest] More Sprints - Oui!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] More Sprints - Oui!
From: "Scott R." <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:21:33 -0800 (PST)
W4NZ wrote:

>You have my vote for another Sprint or two.  Maybe they could be run
>every four months instead of six.

April, sports fans - APRIL.  There is a big old gap in the 'serious' CW
contest schedule between ARRL DX CW the 3rd weekend of Feb and WPX CW
at the end of May.  As I have to skip WPX CW because it is the weekend
after Dayton (usually - but not in 2004!) plus Memorial Day weekend
(every year...), that means a 5 month gap in CW contests between ARRL
DX CW and IARU HF for me.  There is only so much antenna work that can
keep me and K4JNY occupied without a contest 'fix' to feed that jones.

First two weekends in April, CW first weekend, SSB second weekend.

I know Tree doesn't want the additional headache of more log checking,
etc., but boy would it be nice to have them 3x a year.

Scott W4PA

=====
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group - www.k4ro.net/tcg.html

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html