[CQ-Contest] More Sprints

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] More Sprints
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:10:46 EST
1. I don't get the idea of doing it on 6 10 and 15. I want to work a Sprint
with some rate, not a VHF contest. There's some consistency with propagation
on the currently used bands....de K7SV

I agree.  Lots of guys do not have 6 meter set ups.  With the upcoming dip in
sunspots, 10 would be pretty boring.

2. I like Pete's idea about limiting it to CW. Again, that seems to be the
most popular Sprint. At the end of the phone Sprint, many ran out of
stations to work. The RTTY Sprint still allows one to work the same stations
repeatedly under certain stipulations on the same band because of lack of
activity....de K7SV

With all due respect, K9PG didn't run out of guys to work with over 400 QSOs.
Neither did I or a lot of other guys working over 300 in the last SSB Sprint
either.  If the Sprint expands, let's not just limit it to the CW.  The SSB
sponsor has already expressed an interest in having more, hasn't he?

In closing, why fix something that isn't broken that you just want more of.
If you want more of your favorite meal, you just go to the restaurant that has
it more often.  You don't have the chef change the way he cooks it!  Leave
the power and the rest of the way it is set up alone.

Bill K4XS

.