Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Phone - 40 m lack of bandplan compliance

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Phone - 40 m lack of bandplan compliance
From: "Dallas and Lucy" <ludal@dmv.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:13:44 -0500
With all due respect Rag, Those not observing the bandplan were those
europeans that transmitted below 7040, not those that listened there.  There
are several other continents out there that don't share that bandplan.  In
addition, the bandplan is a recommendation, as I understand it, and not a
regulation enforced by local PTTs, therefore, a penalty is probably not
appropriate.

73  Dallas W3PP

> It still surprises me to find experienced contesters not observing the
> bandplan and being a nuisance for others not participating in a phone
> contest.
>
> I worked only those who listened above 7040, where phone starts in Region
1.