[CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves
From: jfunk@adams.net
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:52:16 GMT

Greetings, fellow combatants....

If one had not had anything else to do this weekend (it WAS only a phone contest), it would have been instructional to have spent a bit of time listening in the 40 meter band and logging callsigns of stations calling on the wrong VFO. Obviously, a lot of us are either sleep-deprived or not familiar with the equipment we are using, or both. Yes, I've done it. (Don't *think* I did this weekend, but...)

Question 1: What tips are out there for avoiding this? I think we could use some.
Question 2: Is it true that a couple of OO notices during a contest constitutes grounds for DQ?

Just curious.
73, Jim N9JF

Sent using Adams WebMail  ---  http://webmail.adams.net
Adams NetWorks -- Keeping you well-connected worldwide!