[CQ-Contest] K4OJ and the FQP

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K4OJ and the FQP
From: "Thomas Smith" <kk4ta@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:37:43 -0500
Jim White, K4OJ, did a great job of promoting the Florida QSO Party.  The
way he would sneak in references to the FQP in other threads, use humor, and
pound the date home relentlessly to the point of irritating some folks, was
something I looked forward to this time of year.  No one has jumped in to
promote the party because apparently no one feels up to the task.  It is as
if there is a great reluctance to promote the FQP out of respect to Jim.

Well, he would want this party to be promoted at this time.  It is up to
those who loved and respected him to take it over.  Individually we may not
do as well, but collectively we can approach it.  So, to break the ice, in
case anyone has forgotten, there are only 38 days left until the Florida QSO
Party, April 24 and 25, 2004.

Spread the word.

Tom, KK4TA
Proud member of the FCG