Re: [CQ-Contest] GLASSES & HEADPHONES

To: RICHARD BOYD <ke3q@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] GLASSES & HEADPHONES
From: "S. Markowski Jr." <km9m-zig@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:06:30 +0000
I've been wearing glasses for 20 years now. 95% of my operating time I use my headphones...... (Heil Pro-Set Plus, and before those the Micro-Pro). Never had problems with headphones pushing on my eye glasses arms, or any other part of the frame. And, I could never me in the classification of having a small head! Maybe try another headset..... I used to get a small amount of "head squeeze" when the Pro-Set was new, but I guess I have them broken- in fairly well now!
Good Luck and 73,
Zig KM9M

RICHARD BOYD wrote:

I made a discovery on the perpetual problem of wearing glasses and headphones at the same time -- the discomfort you get where the headphones press on your ears, which press on your glasses behind your ear.

I have a pair of glasses I really like(d), which was relatively new, but one of the "arms" broke off -- not the screw falling out so that it could be repaired, but it actually broke off, so it's basically unrepairable. The lenses are still unscratched, etc. Bummer.

Though this is not true of all pairs, this pair actually stays pretty straight on my face with just one "arm." I found this means there is no headphone/ear fatigue on the side with no "arm." If I had two pairs, one with an arm on one side and the other with the arm on the other side, I could swap them occasionally, and cut in half the time that either ear has to endure this discomfort.

I suppose a pince-nez type of glasses would totally solve it, though perhaps with an increase in "nose fatigue." hi.

73

Rich Boyd, KE3Q

--------------------------------------------------------------- The world's top contesters battle it out in Finland! THE OFFICIAL FILM of WRTC 2002 now on professional DVD and VHS! http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~jamesb/ ---------------------------------------------------------------