[CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - how doI fix

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - how doI fix Cabrillo?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:46:31 -0700
In WPX SSB I had some contesting newbies over for training. One of them (the spotter sitting at the old 75A4 Rx) logged some stations he didn't actually work (no Tx). Given that he's 20 yrs older than the A4, hasn't been on the air since the A4 was new (1955) and hates computers I have no trouble forgiving him. However, my WPX log now has a problem.

I know which Qs were logged that shouldn't have been.

In order to preserve the Q # sequence, I replaced all the non-worked calls with P5XXX and set the claimed points to 0.

When I looked at the resulting Cabrillo file I see all the P5XXX calls in there but, of course, no column for claimed points which means I'm going to get dinged for all the P5XXX Qs that weren't actually made. Pretty tough to make a convincing claim that they're uniques.

I could just delete the offending Qs but then there would be gaps in the Q # sequence. Is this a problem?

If the Q numbers must be sequential with no gaps, how do I communicate to the log checkers that these Qs aren't real?

Ah, contesting - full of surprises (including working 3B9C with a barefoot MkV and old TH3 up about 45 ft).

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

6 Days, 6 hours, 14 min to Florida QSO Party - OJ