Re: [CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - howdoI f

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - howdoI fix Cabrillo?
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:07:12 -0700
From: "Jim Smith" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
To: "CQ-Contest" <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 2:46 AM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked -
how doI fix Cabrillo?

> I know which Qs were logged that shouldn't have been.
>
> In order to preserve the Q # sequence, I replaced all the non-worked
> calls with P5XXX and set the claimed points to 0.

In situations like this, I usually replace the qso with the data from
the last valid qso immediately before the valid one. The bad qso then
becomes just an immediate dupe. Setting the claimed points to zero has
no effect, since that data does not appear in the Cabrillo file.

> I could just delete the offending Qs but then there would be gaps in
the
> Q # sequence.  Is this a problem?

No, so you could do it this way too.

> If the Q numbers must be sequential with no gaps, how do I
communicate
> to the log checkers that these Qs aren't real?

It's always best to solve the problem without having to require human
intervention. Either of the above two ways would work.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ