Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange

To: Bob Wanderer <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:44:53 -0400
KE1FO says explaining an unusual contest exchange is easy, but he must be talking about on SSB. It is very difficult on CW. Even some otherwise good CW operators can't seem to copy anything but callsigns and the expected exchange on CW. The casual operator can't be expected to understand the explanation on CW and it would take forever to get the info across.

Also, before we go changing the exchange so that the sent information varies with each QSO (other than signal report information), I'd want some assurance from contest logging programmers that our existing logging programs can easily accomplish that. I don't know how they could, but guess TR must be able to do so in view of the Internet contest rotating exchanges. I don't think that is possible with NA and CT.

73,

John, K4BAI.