Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:34:14 +0100
From: "John Laney" <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>

> ... before we go changing the exchange so that the sent
> information varies with each QSO (other than signal report
> information), I'd want some assurance from contest logging
> programmers that our existing logging programs can easily
> accomplish that.

It seems to me that the simplest way to vary the exchange in
each QSO is to use serials - all contest loggers can handle
them.

Also, it could be argued that one step towards meaningful
exchanges might be to omit meaningless exchanges - in
particular, RST.  We could do both at once by replacing
RST with Serial.

73,
Paul EI5DI