Re: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:45:14 -0400
I must admit, when I hear contest exchanges going on on the bands, I'm curious.
 So my first step is to either listen (regardless of the mode) to see what's
going on, or I go to the web and look at one of the contest calendars and find
the rules.

I must also admit I find this resistance quite amusing.  How do you explain the
SS exchange to someone at 30wpm on CW, or what a qtc is, or that you've gotta
qsy after a qrz in a sprint?  N1RR just wrote today that we should leave the
big well established contests as is, and maybe that's a great idea.  But I
don't see what's wrong with trying something new out in either less established
contests or in new contests.

Respectfully,

73 de Al, KE1FO