Fw: [CQ-Contest] Where are the JAs in Contesting?

To: "CQ-CONTEST" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Where are the JAs in Contesting?
From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:15:18 -0000
Quack's
My feel is that they have gone the same place as  Huge numbers of W/K's  ,
there was a large volume of new comers to Ham radio in the mid 50's thru
early 70's  .  These hams were young and entergetic and had to know the code
to get licensened.  Many of them have dropped out and some have converted to
SSB and Digital modes with no desire for HF with TVI , Limited space for
Antenna and raising a family.

The input of new hams is up at this time, however they don't have to know
any code and don't seem to have interest in the part of Radio that most on
this reflector enjoy.

OH Well

See all of you from  FD   not a contest.

Rex  K7QQ