Re: [CQ-Contest] radio recommendations

To: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio recommendations
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:31:01 -0700
Nobody has yet mentioned the HW16 with  the HG10 vfo, you can get a set
for about $100. Good working radio, puts out 50w which is more than
adequate, easily modified to 160 if necessary, not a whole lot of TVI.

Worked as w7dra/vc7 this last WPX, stealth from a time share in the
Whistler BC valley floor, 82 contacts on 40m SOSB, 7 Oceania, 9 JA, 5
Carib, the rest mostly 6's and 7's, 100 feet of wire wrap wire out the
window...........

mike w7dra

why such a modern radio? the wife made me buy it, as the command set i
was using in the 1997 ARRL DX test broke in Nassau and she put her foot
down on me getting a newer rig for traveling..............