Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:27:12 -0500
I imagine the spectrum recorders could be a useful tool for contest
adjudicators, especially with a coordinated effort of strategically
placed recievers and time-stamped digital recordings.  But they are
also a great educational tool for the (honest) contest operator.
The Time Machine makes a great magnet at hamfests to attract a crowd
to your contest booth. It's rather uncanny at first to listen to RF
coming from a tape recorder.  I recorded the first six hours of the
bottom of 20 meters during the 2004 WPX CW contest from my Tennessee
station, and I will be doing the same thing for Field Day.  I'm not
affiliated with either company listed -- I just think these are very
interesting tools for the contester.

-Kirk  K4RO