Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC
From: "Robert Bajuk" <s57aw@hamradio.si>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:29:47 +0200
To the best of my conviction... TR command (Ctrl J menu or line entry in
LOGCFG.DAT)

FREQUENCY ENABLE = TRUE

will read the exact frequency from the properly interfaced radio.

>From TR home page: http://n6tr.jzap.com/trwish.html
1. Frequency in log file: I think I have been convinced to allow a mode to
print the frequency instead of band. However, this does take up more room
and might push the log entries beyond 80 characters. CT got around this
problem by not printing the sent information, but I don't think this is a
good idea. As you might have heard, there were some disqualification's in
the All Asian test from people that used CT because of this. Also, I know
the CQ Contest committee is concerned about the same issue. K1EA appears to
be working on improving his log format in response.

As everyone has point out - this format will not be downloadable into the
after contest logging programs. You will have to bug them to come up with a
new routine. I might take another look at the ADIF format and see if it
makes sense to use that.

This has been implemented in version 6.10. The QSO number field is used to
show the frequency without the megahertz part. A decimal point is used to
make it clear that it isn't a QSO number. Routines will be added to POST to
reformat the frequency into different formats for your final log. This
technique made implementation much easier as the rest of the log format
doesn't change.

I think that "create CAB file" in POST.exe already supports that. Maybe I am
wrong as I do not use TR software as my main contest SW...

73 Robert, S57AW