Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Zone 16/17 - a clarification

To: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Zone 16/17 - a clarification
From: Art RX9TX <rx9tx@esoo.ru>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:31:09 +0000
 Hello EI8IC,

 Friday, July 23, 2004 Tim Makins, EI8IC wrote to CQ-Contest@contesting.com:

TME> I have been investigating the dividing line between CQ Zone 16/17
TME> in UA9S/T. Most of the ham loggers and zone lists, including CQ's
TME> own  errror-filled  list on their web site put UA9S in CQ zone 16
TME> and UA9T in CQ zone 17.

This is not true. That's what CQ WAZ rules say:

Zone 16. Eastern Zone of Europe: UR√UZ, EU-EW, ER, UA1, UA3. UA4, UA6,
UA9 (S,W). US, UC, UO, and R1M (M V, Island)

Zone  17.  Western Zone of Siberia: EZ, EY, EX, UA9 (A, C, F, G. J. K,
L. M, Q. X) UK, UN-UQ, UH, UI and UJ-UM

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/wazrules.html

As  you can see UA9T is not mentioned at all. As long as we use to say
we  (UA9S,T,W)  are in zone 17, and logger developers agree with that,
CQ WAZ awards sponsors should take it and correct the zones boundaries
ASAP :)

--
 73...Art RX9TX        23-Jul-04 13:23 UTC

 "I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."
[Ashleigh Brilliant]