Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Zone 16/17

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Zone 16/17
From: Art RX9TX <rx9tx@esoo.ru>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 04:04:03 +0000
 Hello CQ-Contest,

 Friday, July 23, 2004 John Warren wrote to cq-contest@contesting.com:

JW> Surely  what  matters in this discussion is where the "continental
JW> divide"   is  between  Europe  and  Asia?  European  stations  are
JW> presumably Z16, Asian Z17.

Yes,  yes, yes. And if we are already referred to Asia (UA9 is Asiatic
Russia),  doesn't it seem to be an absolutely logical solution to move
all of us to Asatic zone?

JW> This fits Art's suggestion that stations northwest of the river
JW> are in Europe Z16, and those southeast of it (like himself) are in
JW> Asia Z17 (correct Art?).

A  half of UA9S/T is in Europe, and another half is in Asia :)) But as
long  as  we all are Asians for DXCC, CQ could make our life easier as
well :).

--
 73...Art RX9TX        24-Jul-04 03:56 UTC

 "Since the house is on fire let us warm ourselves."   [Italian Proverb]