Re: [CQ-Contest] What does this question mean?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What does this question mean?
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:22:07 -0500
Were they loud?  If so, my guess is that they
thought you were clicking them, and then guessed
it must have been an MP since the unmodified ones
can click badly.  I know -- I've modified a few
MP's for TCGers, I and measured the clicks before
and after. It's a dramatic difference.

That is my guess from the peanut gallery.
And no, it wasn't me, although I am not shy
about informing folks of a bad signal.  But
I always give my call sign when I do so.

There were some really trashy signals on the band
for a 100 watt contest.  I wonder if it's due to
rigs being pushed beyond their 100W limit? Those
bandpass filters can eat up a few watts.  My IC-765's
start looking bad on the scope past 110 watts, even
though they will run another 40 watts if pushed to
the trashy edge.

73

-Kirk  K4RO