Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet Cheerleaders
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:30:14 +0000
Good day, all:

I thought this was a key point!

I don't want to see the contest organizers do ANYTHING to discourage
casual operators.  After we work the serious guys in the first few
hours, what would we do for the rest of the contest?

We certainly don't want to try to "force" the casual folks to do anything!

Almost anything that increases participation is a good thing.  The
guys chasing countries or zones or states or islands or prefectures
are vital to the future of contesting.

73,

Mark

[...]
> 2. Folk who use packet but don't file logs would have to care. They don't.
> They're chasing countries or zones or states or islands or prefectures for a
> variety of reasons. Our squabbles about packet don't mean anything to them
> and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to force them to comply.

[...]