[CQ-Contest] Re: SS-CW Tricks et al.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: SS-CW Tricks et al.
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:04:41 -0800 (PST)
I have heard this go on now for days.  In my opinion, some people should be
less interested in what others are doing to "cheat" from their perspective and
more interested in improving themselves and their station to win.

I personally like the LP, HP, QRP, M/2, etc categories and I think assisted is
worthy of a different category just like High Power or M/S.  To me the real,
real, real problem has nothing to do with any of that.

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST PLAIN CHEATING, WE KNOW WHO SOME OF THEM ARE, AND NOTHING
SEEMS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT.

I think it is high time that the contest community, and the contest clubs,
around the world tell the contest sponsors to do something about it or hand it
over to someone who is willing.  I don't know how many of you have tried to
"out" someone to the contest sponsers, but I have.  And from what I can see,
nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done to an individual contester.

I have received emails from some on "contest committees" that have suggested
things are being done "behind the scenes".  In my opinion, whatever they are
talking about, isn't good enough and it should be exposed to the contest
community at large, exactly what has been done.  We won't cease these endless
dialogs until we do.

I agree with many who have stated that we shouldn't do anything to alienate the
casual contester.  What we should do is insist that if an organization is going
to run a contest they need to be ready to enforce their own rules.

Ed  N1UR