[CQ-Contest] Re: [YCCC] Re: SS-CW Tricks et al.

To: sawyered@earthlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [YCCC] Re: SS-CW Tricks et al.
From: "George Harlem W1EBI" <w1ebi@lightband.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:12:46 -0500
Take any set of a few thousand individuals and, regrettably, there is bound
to be a cheat or two among them.

I got flamed by a guy who really (and profanely) disagreed with my suggestion
that pre-contest warming up was no more unsportsmanlike than watching game
films of next Sunday's opponent.  So no more pre-game kicking into a net for
Adam Vinateri, and no more batting practice...

During the 30 minutes before CQWW, D4B told me I was 20 over 9 on 20 meters.
Hell, I didn't work Al in the contest until 0030Z.  But I was breaking
a "rule" by "operating" before 0000Z?  Those contesters who vow and declare
that they wish more new blood would come into the sport ought to go back and
reread that "...tricks" thread from the beginning.  What an enticing message
it sends to prospective contesters.

George W1EBI