[CQ-Contest] SS Funnies

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Funnies
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:01:32 -0700
A few incidents that I forgot to put in my SS Comments:

Me: cq ss K6 Lima Lima
Him: (In a southern white voice) Lima Lima yo' mama!
This went on after each cq for about 10 minutes. He
never interfered with a qso, and eventually went away.
It doesn't sound so funny in print, but the Cracker
voice was pretty funny at the time.

Me: (after stumbling onto a clear freq on 40) Is the
frequency in use?
Him: no response
Me: cq ss K6LL
Him: K6LL, You're right on top of a net!
Me: Where's the net? I don't hear anything!
Him: The net is on 7.2xx! (only 500 Hz away)
Me: I don't hear any net!
Third station: Uhh, LLoyd, the net has been adjourned!
(I then ran that freq for about an hour, until some
Chinese music fired up). The net cop was obviously out
patrolling the side frequencies, without even listening
to the net!

Me: cqss K6LL
Him: I'm not in the contest, but I'll give you a
contact. W0xxx
Me: Explain the exchange, send info
Him: Gives exchange, says "good luck, this is WN0xxx"
Me: Wait, is your call W0xxx or WN0xxx?
Him: WN0xxx
Me: I thought you said W0xxx at first.
Him: Well, you asked for the date of my original
license, so I gave you my original callsign!

Well, maybe you had to be there.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ