RE: [CQ-Contest] RE: Here we go again

To: "W2RU - Bud Hippisley" <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] RE: Here we go again
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 02:27:04 -00
> There is a wonderful thrill to seeing your
> call in print for your first few -- or few hundred --
> contests, even if at or near the bottom of your
> section or country listings.  The League, in its
> infinite ($$$$$) wisdom, took even that small
> prize away from 99% of entrants.

Back in the 90's I served two terms as Dakota Division Vice Director, so
got a look behind the curtain.

Contesters, DXers, and Traffic guys are what ARRL considers it's "core
membership", the folks most likely to continue to belly up to the bar no
matter how much they water down the whiskey.

I think they're probably right, because the whiskey is getting pretty light
colored and I'm still sending in my dues.

73, de Hans, K0HB