[CQ-Contest] Printed scores

To: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Printed scores
From: Steve Hanlon <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:17:34 -0500
i am very saddened to see the scores drop from QST. 2 years ago when a co-worker was talking up ham radio to me, i had no clue what the scores were - they just appeared to be numbers and callsigns and i could not understand them.

now that i have been a ham for 1.5 years, i look back at those issues of QST given to me and smile when i see a callsign of someone i have met, in person or on the air, and see their results. a shared event really has a way of creating a bond, and now i will not be able to show someone that i was part of that event by the printed score in QST (unless i make it to the top!).

-steve
KB3KAQ