Re: [CQ-Contest] scores - final thought

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] scores - final thought
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:24:29 -0600 (CST)
Although it's great that things can be put on internet now and/or stored
in a computer, sometimes I find I need the hard copy.  The great thing
about having things in digital form is that you only print out what you
want or need.

An example of this is I've been doing a lot of programming with Microchip
PIC and Atmel AVR microcontrollers lately.  I'm new to the AVR
programming.  The PDF data sheet for the Atmel mega8 is 303 pages long.
The basic data is at the beginning of the data sheet and the register and
instruction set summaries are at the end of the data sheet.

If I'm writing the program on the computer, I have to keep bouncing
between the various data sheet pages and the program window.  I finally
gave up and just printed out the whole data sheet.  Using the paper copy
literally cuts my time in half.

I find I have similar problems with ham radio construction projects that
are in digital PDF format.

So I guess paper will be around for a little while, anyway.

73, Zack W9SZ