Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Line Scores

To: "Yo3ctk" <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>, "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Line Scores
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:00:25 -00
> From: Yo3ctk <yo3ctk@alltrom.ro>

> Well, my mistake: I was referring to the ARRL Field Day. Sorry for the
> mix-up, but all my comments stand: we CAN have 12 pages of QST for the
Field
> Day (which isn't even a contest) but we CANNOT have some pages for major
> international contests sponsored by ARRL

In defense of ARRL, more individuals participate in Field Day than probably
all the rest of their contests combined. Whether it is a contest or
not-a-contest is not part of the question.

While there is a small international subscriber base, ARRL is a domestic
organization and they owe more attention to domestic events than to
international events.  (Maybe IARU should start a magazine "ICJ" for
"international" events?)

73, de Hans, K0HB