Re: [CQ-Contest] Physical conditioning and contesting

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Physical conditioning and contesting
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 02 Dec 2004 08:35:57 -0600
On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 06:37, Dave N2NL wrote:
>      Since then, I've taken bicycling back up, and so far have lost more than
> 40 pounds.  When I'm not at sea, I've been averaging between 130 and 150
> miles a week on the bike.  I've noticed a massive improvement in the way I

There's a downside to taking up cycling for exercise.

On a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon it can become difficult to resist
the urge to go for a ride.  (I lost three hours in the CQWW to a 30km
ride)

---

I'm not doing anywhere near as well as Dave's 130 miles, but I do
usually get in between 50 and 75 miles a week.  It really helps.

> Main Propulsion Chief, USCGC Thetis
> Currently deployed at sea

Since I'm pretty sure the Thetis isn't an aircraft carrier...  isn't 130
miles of cycling a week a challenge?<grin>
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66