Re: [CQ-Contest] Signing /QRP In Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Signing /QRP In Contests
From: Steve Root <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:07:47 +0000
Three things the QRP guys do that aren't good.

Sign /QRP:  That simply wastes time, and there's no time to waste when the
clock is running
Unnecessary repeats:  Again a waste of time.  Don't repeat anything unless
you're asked to.
Calling off frequency:  Learn how to zero beat.  If you're weak, AND on the
edge of the filter skirts you won't be heard.

The guys who are good at QRP, like N0UR, act like they are loud.  They call
once right on frequency and get on with it.

And finally (as long as I'm being a curmudgeon) how much skill does it take
to be weak?    If I pull your call and exchange out of the noise and get you
in the log, now who's the good operator?  At least the Stew recognizes that.

73 Steve K0SR