RE: RE: [CQ-Contest] Signing /QRP In Contests

To: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: RE: [CQ-Contest] Signing /QRP In Contests
From: "Bob Wanderer" <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:39:16 -0500
Eric,
Your power classification is based on transmitter power, not
ERP or EIRP.  Wish it were the latter.  My 100W to an attic
dipole probably has less "oomph" than 5W to a large Yagi at
75 feet, yet we're in different classes.

Anyway, I agree. /QRP is unnecessary whether in a contest or
not.  Repeat, whether in a contest or not.

73,
Bob AA0CY