RE: [CQ-Contest] Destroyed equipment in France

To: <f6irf@free.fr>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Destroyed equipment in France
From: "R. Kline" <k7nj@zahav.net.il>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:33:59 -0700
Dear Patrick,

Please accept my apology.  I meant no disrespect to the wonderful people of
France.  I have many dear friends in your country, and always found myself
in the most pleasant atmosphere during my travels to France.  I was apalled
to read some of the resulting email in this thread that contained insulting
ethnic innuendos.

However, I feel that this is a topic of interest to contesters who
frequently travel to rare locations for contests. Please note too that the
topic of the destroyed amplifier did appear on this reflector quite
recently, so when I saw the article regarding the planted explosives by
security guards, I realized that it was the second incident involving errors
by airport security in a short time period. For me at least, this implies a
sytemic problem - one that will recur unless the root causes are corrected.
Hopefully, the ensuing investigation will put things in order again.

Looking over my email again, I see that it was unnecessarily cynical.  I
should have written something factual without adding my own cynicism.

I suggest to everybody that we refrain from further open discussions on the
reflector about this.  If you like, Patrick, we can continue discussing this
privately between us.

Once again, I am sorry.
Sincerely,
and 73,